Friday, March 27, 2009

Bad Mouth Guy

I met Bad Mouth guy on an online dating site. He looked pretty cute. His profile was impressive and he seemed like a nice guy. We started emailing each other early in January. After almost a month he still hadn't asked me out, so I took the reigns and asked about meeting each other. It was then that he said he was in Texas, which is where he'd been deployed to, since he works with the Air Guard. He said he'd be there til the end of the month. That was fine, so we continued to email each other back and forth on a daily basis until he came back.

I told my friends about him and he seemed great. He emailed me every day and seemed pretty upbeat and positive about life, but then why wouldn't he be? He was golfing every day in warmth and sun. I was buried knee deep in snow with temps below zero most of the time. What I found a little disappointing was the depth of conversation and the range of topics we discussed. He didn't seem capable of talking about anything very important or significant. I realize it's difficult to keep a conversation going back and forth with a person you've never met, but I thought if we had anything in common we'd have something to talk about. I began to get the feeling we didn't. He only talked about outdoor sports and working on cars. Outdoors, sports, and cars don't even enter my vocabulary on daily basis much less all in the same sentence. I'm definitely more of an indoor, especially 8 months of the year when it's so cold.


By the time he came back to town,I had learned he no longer lived in town like his profile said, but instead lived 40 miles out of town. I'm not a country girl. Nonetheless, the Saturday before I call him to plan out the date for the next day. We were on the phone for about 3 min, in which I learned he would come and pick me up some time between 6-7pm, where we would go somewhere to eat, never mind that he still didn't have my address. Great. The next day he called at 6:30 where I decided to meet him at the restaurant instead of having him pick me up. I gave him three choices to choose from, in which he chose one and then asked about one that just happened to be the last restaurant on earth I'd want to go to. I told him I'd been to that restaurant too many times, so he agreed to the Olive Garden, where I hadn't been a long time.

It was when he showed up at the restaurant that I understood why he didn't smile in any of his pictures on myspace or facebook. He had incredibly crooked teeth and an offset jaw. Otherwise he was pretty attractive though. We had dinner and he asked me to go to a movie with him afterward, in which he decided to drive. I go to get in his car and find it absolutely filthy inside and out. As we're driving out of the parking lot he asks if I'd be terribly offended if he smoked. I told him that no I'd wouldn't be terribly offended. I do have relatives who smoke. I wasn't really sure how I would broach the subject that it certainly didn't impress me, and there was no way we'd ever kiss if he smoked this much. He explained that he smokes mostly when he's in the car or out with friends, but not all the time. Great, so if you're not in a public place you're smoking. That's healthy.

We had a second date a week and a half later in which I knew beyond a doubt we didn't belong together. I asked him why he moved so far out of town. I have always lived in a moderate sized town and when I go on vacation, enjoy visiting larger cities and enjoying the opportunities of shopping, restaurants and culture they offer that smaller areas don't. His response surprised me not only because of what he said but how he said it. He stated that he moved out of town because he "hated" living in town and couldn't stand it. He said it in such a tone that I felt like he was attacking me. I told him that I couldn't stand living in the country. There's nothing to do. This is when he pointed out that he could go snow mobiling, four wheeling or fishing whenver he wanted. I asked about just wanting to get out of the house and go somewhere. He said there was the grocery store and a restaurant nearby. Yikes! I was referring more to actual shopping and entertainment. I don't think I could deal with having the grocery store be where I "got out" to.

He came over to my apt after we left the restaurant, where we played some Wii Fit that he didn't seem to like very much. He was very unwilling to try anything other than the balance games. He then made a hasty getaway. I knew he worked the midnight shift, which doesn't start til at least 11 pm so I don't know, what he needed to leave at 9 for, but I wasn't about to get in his way. He toldme he'd talk to me on IM the next day, which he did for about 2 seconds, and then logged off. I haven't talked to him now for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment